Thursday, July 14, 2011
Grabbed some furniture from Ikea to make our bedroom more serene and relaxing.
And got to play a little at Joann fabrics, buying fabric for kitchen curtains, a new purse, and a strip for my quilt.
Then I started tackling the dining table and kitchen counter, both of which collect stuff during the busy work weeks. Here's a shot of the dining room almost done (need to make a home for the bikes in the shed).
Overall a very productive day. I built all but the last 2 drawers of the two 'nightstands' for the bedroom. Maybe I'll get nice shots of that tomorrow. No creativity time beyond my morning pages this morning, but I'm definitely brewing ideas for my current short story.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
I finished revising my short story about Audrey and Keras IV tonight. At first, I started writing and my tablet decided to crash its program instead of allow me to save the 2 paragraphs or so that I had just written. After some hollaring, getting choked up for a bit - the words I'd written seemed so perfect in that moment, I worried I wouldn't be able to write that section again - I managed to get a few words on the page. Then I got back into the scene and kept going. I even remembered a few of the lines I had really liked from the lost version. I completed the revision and now feel like a conqueror. That app crash did not destroy my story nor my night. And I continue to be able to come up with creative ideas to improve or continue my stories.
Emma's time machine is up next!
Saturday, July 9, 2011
I am having a good week for writing, even though I haven't done much actual writing. I shared my short story based off last year's Nanowrimo storyline, and my husband enjoyed it and had ideas on how to improve it. I am psyched to rework that now. I am also working on a new idea that has novel length potential too, but I am going to try to start with a short story with those characters first. Right now my brainstorming is based off of figuring what the story arc of those two stories will be.
My progress through week 1 of The Artist Way book went well. I started into week 2 today. Yay for weekends and inspiration!
Monday, July 4, 2011
Saturday, July 2, 2011
I started cutting and piecing the wacky blocks that will go into my new quilt (The blocks are using the templates from Denyse Schmidt's Drunk Love quilt pattern). It turns out that the blocks are only 13" finished, not the 16" that I thought they were. I will have to decide whether to add another outer layer to each of the six blocks, or add solid blue strips between them making the blocks float. I have three more blocks to cut and piece, then a 6" wacky strips stripe that will be above the squares strip. I want to keep going, but the cutting is wearing out my hands and the sewing room upstairs is very warm during the day. Check out my progress!
11 different fabrics:
1st two finished squares, laying against the solid blue which will be the majority of the quilt:
3 blocks I've made so far this weekend: